BECOME A VOLUNTEER
The Wood River Public Library provides an opportunity for high school students to gain volunteer hours for graduation, for those looking for first-time work experience, or for adults interested in giving back to their community. Residency requirements do not apply.
Volunteer duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Craft preparation for projects and events
- Shelving returned items such as books, DVDs, audiobooks, etc.
- Straightening bookshelves, dusting, row reading
- Putting together New Patron Folders
- Cleaning book covers, DVDs covers, light cleaning
- Light Lifting
- Gardening, pulling weeds, planting, caring for plants
- Picking up trash around the library building
- Assisting in youth or adult events, helping with Summer Reading Program
We welcome volunteers ages 14 and older. If you are younger than 17, the library needs parental permission and signature before volunteering. You can pick up a Volunteer Form from the Circulation Desk at the library or download and print a copy.
If you have any questions, please email the Volunteer Coordinator Holly@WoodRiverLibrary.org.