Wood River Public Library Social Media Policy
Purpose – The Wood River Public Library’s Social Media Policy is designed to maintain the integrity of our social media outlets while allowing patrons and users to learn about Library programs and services and to interact electronically with Library staff members and each other. This policy applies to all users of the Wood River Public Library’s social media sites, not just Wood River Public Library cardholders.
Social media is defined as any programs, websites, blogs, and applications Wood River Public Library utilizes to connect with users online.
Wood River Public Library reserves the right to remove any comments or material in violation with laws, user’s rights, or library policies. The Library will monitor the content of posts and comments on our website and social media sites and will remove posts or comments with the following prohibited material:
- Off-topic and/or disruptive comments or hyperlinks
- Duplicated posts by an individual user
- Abusive, profane, or threatening language
- Obscene or racist material
- Advertisement of goods or services, spam, political campaigning, proselytizing, or charitable solicitations
- Copyrighted, trademarked or plagiarized material
- Libelous or potentially libelous statements
- Private or confidential information about oneself or others
- Posts in violation of laws or library policies
Patrons and users are responsible for protecting their own privacy by restricting personal information and being aware that
Any views expressed on the Library’s social media sites are the sole opinions of their owners and in no way reflect the official views or policies of Wood River Public Library. The Wood River Public Library is not responsible for any views expressed by any fans, followers, friends, or commenters, nor does it review the content of any third party sites.
Approved by the Wood River Public Library Board of Trustees on September 26, 2013