Adults (18 and over) wishing to register for a library card at the Wood River Public Library must meet the following:
- Shows satisfactory proof of identity. (With a valid photo ID)
- Shows satisfactory proof of Wood River residency (piece of official mail within the last 30 days, utility bill, power bill, mortgage statement, etc)
- Has no outstanding obligations at any library
- Completes and signs a registration card accepting responsibility for all items checked out on the card and for any charges for overdue, damaged or lost items
For children under the age of 18, the following must be met to get a library card at the Wood River Public Library:
- Parent/legal guardian must have a valid Wood River library card with no outstanding obligations to any library
- Parent/legal guardian must provide a signature on the registration form
- The registration form must be completed with both the child and adult present in the library
- The child must sign(write) his/her own name on registration form
Library cards for Wood River residents are valid for three years.
Any Wood River resident without public library service should purchase a library card from the public library serving the patron’s school district.
Your library card works at any library in the Illinois Heartland Library System.
The IHLS consists of 585 libraries! More about IHLS